The Handwashing Problem
- A large percentage of foodborne disease outbreaks are spread by contaminated hands.
- One-third (29%) of the world do not have access to handwashing facilities with soap and water, making it a large risk factor for preventable diseases and death.
- The existing handwash stations are inefficient and do not ensure the recommended handwashing practice.
- They permit contact during use and are thus potentially contagious.
- No data to track real-time traffic, hand hygiene compliance, and forecast threats of future public diseases.
To transform public consciousness on water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), monitor and protect our people from contagious disease threats using evidence-based data